Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 9.0%

Thanked 21,887 Times in 8,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaks View Post
I'll play the devil on this one:
He CHOSE to do heroine, so he reaps what he sows. Unless you are kidnapped, held down, and forceably shot up until you are addicted, then I have no sympathy for you.
Sorry for his family though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wind View Post
I understand your sentiment, and held it once myself. This country has a serious problem with addiction and it's not an easy one to solve.
Back in the mid 80's, my room mate got into heroin. In just a few months went from "fine folk" to worthless druggie thief. He described the high as something you would do anything for. He managed to kick the habit and get his life back together ( other than paying me back the $2500 of stuff he stole ).

Part of the problem is doctors prescribing strong drugs for everything. What ever happened to toughing things out? Trying to alter life with a pill or opioid carries a big responsibility and many folks can not or will not curtail it's use. They let it run their lives.

I was prescribed Oxycodone when I had my knee rebuilt and for both my shoulder surgeries. I knew if was a temporary pain management option every single time. I had pills left after each time. ( disposed of when out of date )

What ever happened to personal responsibility for one's own actions?
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post: