NCM Supporter '12,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 8,118 Times in 4,246 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10510030

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
when i was a kid, we counted cows or spotted out of state license plates, or played Mad Libs, or played the alphabet game (spot something that starts with an A, and then a B....has to be in order)..... trying to read while in a car is tough on the eyes.
I hear ya and we are a pretty digital limited family. We don't have video game consoles (except for standup arcade with orig 80s games like Pac Man)
Never watch tv.
Cell phones are kept in a basket in the kitchen when kids are in the house.
Phones and computers are not allowed in rooms.

We set rules about watching cartoons only when the trip is over an hour.
We don't watch them in restaurants or other places where they can be occupying themselves with an alternate activity.

People used to be a lot more tolerant of kids and many would step in to help entertain other's kids but not very much anymore.

What I find is a lot of animosity and stink-eye faces when kids are being kids.

We are quite strict about rules and receive compliments every time we take them out as they always say please, thank you etc.

Seems many people are opting not to take the journey of having kids and when you haven't walked that path, you don't understand the trials involved and are understandably less tolerant.

Try taking a 6 hour flight with 3 kids under the age of 6 and a moody teen. We do it regularly and it's no picnic.
Scott