Old 03-17-2024, 9:51am   #33
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 79.9%

Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,215 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
I have a 20'' Steihl and due to health problems its getting harder to pull start. Its no problem when I get it running, it does anything I want it to do. (been running a chain saw for 60 years!)

Now at my age and health I'm looking to make my life easier. I do not do large projects around here, so about the only thing I need a chain saw for is taking care of a tree/branch that falls and blocks my driveway. Any serious tree work my son helps me or if a big job I hire a local contractor, up here where I live there are plenty.

I'm thinking of giving the saw to my son and get a battery powered for as described above. Other than being much easier to start I do not have to worry about gas going bad either.

I'm 68 with moderate Rheumatoid Arthritis. It seems to be under control with weekly Enbrel pen shots but I have to watch what I'm doing. I installed all new cabinets in the kitchen. Kind of got to plan ahead a bit.

Had one of those flat dolly's with casters on the bottom from Harbor freight to move them around. Borrowed some cabinet jacks. Sent pics to my son who said wtf are you doing and who helped? Well, nobody with the right equipment.

Only chainsaw I ever owned was a Poulan years ago. If I were to get one with a Battery, I would get a warranty with it or this idea.

https://www.costco.com/chain-saws.html
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote