View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 11:46pm   #59
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,393 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342
Unhappy One year.

A year ago today Cosmo crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I wish I could say the pain of the loss has gotten easier, but for me it has not. I just can't sugar-coat it at all. It feels like it was just yesterday.

Today I spent the day doing what we enjoyed doing together, and that was go for a walk. It was a wonderfully sunny autumn day that he would have loved being outside to soak up with me.

As Cosmo got older, spring and fall were easier for him to walk a little further. Toward the end, he could maybe make it to the lake park down the road...or sometimes just in the neighborhood. When he was a bit younger, we could hike the flatter portions of the Bull Run Occoquan Trail or the Bluebell Trail in Bull Run Park.

So, that's what I did today - a 'Cosmo T. Dog Memorial Hike' of about 4-5 miles of the BROT. It is 18 miles in total, but I just hiked the section that contains a Pet Rock Memorial Pile to place a rock in his honor.

Cosmo, I love you, miss you, and think about you every day I look forward to the day I can see you again in heaven.

A photo from his younger days...
Attached Images

LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post: