Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '11,'13,'14,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 3,298 Times in 1,961 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $988270

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
The Corvette Forum Cruise-in was a Memorial Day staple in Bowling Green for the last 12 years. It peaked about year 6 or 7 with an attendance of about 400 souls.

At its height, there would be a virtual nonstop party that began on Wednesday afternoon and ended Sunday morning. Roscoe would tow his smoker to the parking lot of the hotel and pick up a refrigerated trailer with beer taps on the way - somewhere between 10 and 20 kegs would be drained there. BBQ was plentiful.

There were games, idiocy, tours of the Museum and the Corvette plant. Road trips during the day to local attractions like the Maker's Mark distillery, Mammouth Cave, Nashville...

It was a great event.

Somewhere along the line, the powers that be forgot that the event was created by Troy Roberts the founder of Corvette Forum and Adam Boca of the NCM as a fundraiser for the Museum. Fewer things happened at the Museum. Moderators decided they had better things to do. Other charities became more important to the Administrators of CF and the focus on the Corvette - the reason for the site, the event and the kinship we all have, faded away.

If we as a group do nothing else with this opportunity let's remember - it's about the Corvette and if we don't support our Museum and the Motorsports Park they are building, then nobody else is going to.
Thanks for the history!

I got on the CF in June of 2003, and never got the opportunity to go to any of the Cruise Ins, although I had desperately wanted to go for the reasons highlighted above.

Now I'll go to support Gary and the rest of the Barn!

Look forward to meeting new friends, and seeing old friends again!

73sbVert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 73sbVert For This Useful Post: