OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
Thanks, everyone.

It's been a rough day. Very sad. I keep second guessing myself with things like...what if we had just given her a few more days? Did we do everything we possibly could? Was there something else we could have tried? Was this really the right thing?

And just thinking about how trusting she was as we put her in the carrier...and me knowing what was coming. Same with sitting on her blanket at the vet...total trust. I have this nagging feeling of guilt like I betrayed that trust.

I keep expecting to see her in her usually spots, forgetting she's gone. Her favorite blanket is still out and I can't quite bring myself to put it away, yet. Is that strange...???

Having her with us for almost 20 years it's a weird feeling that she's not right here. It's just been a rough day.
No, it's not strange. Those little items of theirs that we hold onto gives us comfort as we cope with letting them go. They sooth us while we grieve and give us the opportunity to not have to let go all at once. She was tired NAV, and she needed and wanted to rest. She needed you to help her, and you did. There is no way a creature can bring so much love into your life for so long and it not hurt when it's their time to go. When its your time to cross into the next eternity, she and all her love will be there waiting for you. Prayers are with you.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OddBall For This Useful Post: