mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,563 Times in 5,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393
Default AOL infection......

I have my current oldest email addy with att.net, had to modify it twice over the last ~20 years or so, to avoid spam, etc.....so I noticed this AM about an email I got and went to forward to friends....and noted one of my friends was with AOL, and somehow about a dozen other AOL accounts/addy's were on my email list, not if I looked at the usual spot as if I was originating an email, but appeared when I hit the forward link

I had to go hit some obscure button/link on the handler to pull up that fake email list with all the strangers on it, and dump ALL the AOL addresses.....

WTF?? back in the 90's I was with AOL for a short time.....

back in '70's through early 90's there was a TV shop/chain operation called Errol's TV & Appl. in the Wash DC region.....and when the .net went public, he opened up an ISP and took on clients at retail locations......and it was one of his operatives that asked he what 'handle' I wanted to use.....so I thought of another friend with the handle MrGTO .....and so I chose mrvette.....

witch I carried with me for all the ISP's, but lately had to add year of car to it as plain MRVETTE was taken......

but what is with this AOL infection of email addy's????

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote