View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 4:15am   #7
Broken Wind
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 2,421 Times in 935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013854

So...

I'm awakened at zero dark thirty by the unmistakable stench of pole cat, or skunk, for the more refined. The effect is like breaking an ammonia capsule under my nose. I am awake. Fcuk.

My cat is walking around the bedroom leaving a vapor trail that all but glows in the moonlight shining thru the bedroom window. Fcuk.

I hear a crash downstairs that I should not be hearing. Fcuk.

Downstairs I go. The whole first floor is smelling like rural route road kill. Fcuk.

At this point, I do what any red blooded American would do; I get on the computer and post about it on an obscure corvette discussion forum. Then I grab a cup of joe, one of several firearms I keep about, and head to the basement.

About halfway down the stairway, I break through a thermal layer that is trying to keep a lid on the nauseating smell. Holy fcuk this stinks.

As I'm searching thru my unfinished basement which serves as a storage area for everything that we don't want and should have gotten rid of a decade or more ago, I hear something rattling the pet door. I quickly look over and observe something poking its head thru the door. It's not one of our numerous four legged pets. It's not a skunk, although there can be no doubt that this interloper is only one in a long line of trespassers this night.

We lock eyes. He blinks and scurries away. Smart move, fcuker.

I barricade the pet door wild-west style with a steamer trunk. Soon I hear the tap, tap, tap of something trying to come thru the door. I look thru the door's window and see two raccoons expressing their frustration with not being able to come into the basement...a place they've obviously been to before this night. I really want to dispatch these fckers, but I don't want my wife to soil herself in bed at the sound of a .45 going off at zero dark forty-five.

I shoot them anyway. With my cellphone camera.

So the pet door is going to go the way of the dodo bird today. I've got to give my cat a tomato juice bath and clean up the mess in the basement. Yeah, that's what I was planning to do this Friday.

I suppose it's too early for beer.

Fcuk.
Broken Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Broken Wind For This Useful Post: