LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 24,137 Times in 10,952 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
suggestions?

we're getting ready to redo the guesthouse, including the kitchen, nothing fancy or expensive planned. so far, have just done quick looks at HD and lowes. i don't have the time or space presently to make them (shop won't be up and running until spring) like i plan to do for the main house kitchen next year.

prefab, flatpacked???
the flat packed stuff is garbage from my experience.

Medallion makes a quality all wood cabinet with dovetail joinery and choice of wood species. There are others. I have a friend who I buy from that carries the Medallion lines. I am a fanatical perfectionist...and I used Medallion in my last home...I will use them again.

the idea that only custom "shop built" cabinets are of quality is not true. In fact, most shop built cabinets can not compare with the finish applied on a factory "box" cabinet.

are there junk box cabs...absolutely. There are also a lot of garbage shop built cabinets. Yes, many (most) shops have mastered the art of cabinet door shaping and cabinet joinery...but not many shops have the facilities to apply an outstanding finish.

Medallion Cabinetry, Semi-custom kitchen and bath cabinets
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post: