View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 3:23pm   #63
Exotix
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Don't assume that I will automatically back the Republicans, I have plenty of ire for them as well.

Is life fair? No. Far from it.
However in the attempt to make it "fair" you will be forced to do harm. Is it sad that those individuals died. Absolutely. Is it fair for them to expect others to fix their problems? Or even demand it? Absolutely not.

It's unfortunate the family was unable to raise the money, or have the insurance to pay for it, or work out a deal with the hospital to do some work pro bono, but that is life. It's inherently unfair.

I have no idea if they will create death panels, but if you don't have the ability to care for yourself, and depend on others to take care of you financially, what do you expect to happen when the money runs out?
You forgot the part where they spent a lifetime paying into Medicaid then in a blink of an eye Brewer rescinded transplants from Medicaid ... and the families couldn't come up with the money, about an additional $250,000 within a few days, or the length of time for an organ to remain viable for transplant before they have to give it to someone else ... and of course it's Obamas' fault ..

Two Dead Since Arizona Medicaid Program Slashed Transplant Coverage
Hospital Confirms Former Patient Died While Awaiting Liver Transplant

Jan. 6, 2011

Arizona Transplant Patients Die After State Cuts Medical Insurance - ABC News

Two Arizona Medicaid recipients denied potentially life-saving organ transplants have died, even as Arizona doctors, transplant survivors and some lawmakers push to restore health care benefits slashed last fall.

(See video where Brewer spent elsewhere)
Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote