Old 09-19-2012, 11:23am   #16
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Vette View Post
Phil, this is why no one wants to do what you call debating. I addressed each point in your previous post. You respond by ignoring most of it and taking one sentence to go on a leftist rant worthy of Alinsky's hand puppet. But I have time to kill so I'll take a swing again
You need to understand that if I responded to every post it would be a full time job.

Quote:
The true unemployment rate is 16%. All of those people are in the no income tax category, so that has to be 34% of your 47%. Add in handicapped, disabled, elderly, etc and your "bulk" comment is bullshit.
Sorry, but that is not what the data show. See the charts above.
Quote:
Spoken like a true organizer, the "nobility of the laborer." These jobs are done by people who either a) want to and are willing to accept lower wages to do it or b) do not have skills to offer to the marketplace that are more valuable than the ones they are using. Like anything else, labor is subject to the laws of supply and demand. When there are a lot of people who can do the same job you do, the value of your skillset diminishes and so do your wages.
So because people lack the intelligence or ability to earn more, that makes them less human? If you are ok living in a society that allows corporations to pay workers $7.25 an hour then you are going to have to accept the fact that these people will need government assistance for food, shelter and medical care. Someone making that kind of wage would die if something as simple as a ruptured appendix happened to them without government assistance.
Quote:
I employ roughly 85 people, the lowest salaried of which received $30,200 last year plus benefits. I bet, even given that, 2/3 of them fall in the "no income taxes" category. Your argument is complete shit.
I sincerely doubt that. Unless they have a mortgage and multiple kids, it is highly likely they do pay income taxes.

Quote:
To give you an example that you can relate to, the equivalent of telling me I need to pay people more than they are worth would be for you to toss in an extra $30,000 to the purchase price of the boat you just ordered for the sole purpose of distributing it to the people who actually built it. Bet that didn't happen.
I never told you what to pay your staff, I said that the millions of Americans making $290 a week can ill afford to pay income tax and be expected to support themselves.
Quote:
I am not in favor of the circular logic involved in taking back money that has already been handled, and therefore reduced, by the government just so they can reduce it again.
Do you not see how this statement conflicts with the others you have made? If you impose taxes on the working poor, you will just have to increase their food stamp benefits when they can't afford to eat.

Quote:
To encourage investment which generates jobs and creates a rising tide which lifts all ships instead of shooting holes in their hulls for the benefit of the Marxists who tell them how bad they are being treated.
Well, that's been the policy ever since Bush initiated all the tax cuts. So where the hell are all the jobs? Employment numbers are dramatically down since this policy was initiated. The wealthy don't reinvest, they stick the money we use to tax them back into their pockets.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote