RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,748 Times in 3,448 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Debate the facts and intent of his comments all day long.

There's no denying this is hurting him.
I've said it before and I will again... I honestly don't think it matters 1 bit what he says.

There are 2 reasons.

First, is anybody actually on the fence in this election? Not that I know of. The candidates are so polarizing that a single comment of this magnitude is not going to cause someone to make the jump. Someone may disagree with what he says, but they are not going to change their entire political stance based on it and all of a sudden decide that Obama is a better choice.

The exception is a comment of the "you didn't build that" magnitude. Even then, I think it definitely solidified the position of a lot of small business owners but didn't necessarily change any of them over to Romney. Those voting for Obama simply attribute it to taken out of context, or whatever other spin liberals put on it. Long story short, with such polarizing candidates, people aren't easily swayed from 1 to the other.

Second, we are getting closer to November and point blank, the media is going to be on the side of Obama. They always have been and always will be. No matter what Romney says, they will spin it into a negative. No matter what Obama says, they will spin it positive. Romney's only chance is that a whole lot of people capabable of thinking for themselves show up to vote.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post: