10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,466 Times in 17,249 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
The bulk of the cited 47% are working Americans. These are not bums living on the government dime.

These are the people that make your meals, clean your house, work on your car and maintain your lawn. These are the hard working Americans that bust their ass so you and I can live comfortable lives. These are the people who you just said "contribute nothing to the country".

So what would you have the guy making minimum wage contribute to national defense? What would you tell the MILLIONS of Americans making $7.25 an hour that they need to contribute? How much more of the $290.00 per week do they owe? And really his take home is going to be closer to $260 after FICA and any state taxes, so how much more is this guy that takes home about $1,000 a month to live on supposed to pay?

What would you then have the seniors living on SS contribute?

Exactly why are you so eager to take from those with the least to give while excusing 15% capital gains taxes on billionaires?
I'd tell them to get some overtime, get a second job, start working for themselves, or get a better skillset and get a better job. Most of the people making minimum wage have just started an unskilled labor job. Hey, work harder.....learn the job.....get promoted. Most people toiling away at minimum wage jobs are kids or illegals, and even the motivated illegals work their way to better jobs. Before I was old enough to work legally, I used to mow lawns. If I can drag a lawnmower, weedeater and broom down the street, then so can others.

You can't support yourself or a family on a minimum wage job. Why is it you felt entitled to have kids and start a family if you are working a minimum wage job? I didn't do that. Why do others feel it is OK to do just that? Well, it's OK, Bill will pay for our baby's birth, the WIC, food stamps, free housing, and other goodies.....after all, Bill owes me. I work at a fast food joint.

Color me unimpressed. Those folks need to have skin in the game, just like me.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: