10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,452 Times in 17,245 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
And it's an easy way for them to forgo tax liabilities in NY as they move everything to TX, which was announced yesterday, too.
They are a non profit, so taxes for the NRA should be minimal....non profits don't pay property tax or income tax, for example. So when non profits need the police or fire departments, or a pothole fixed, or street lights, or any of the other myriad of services provided by government, they don't pay for any of it.

Having said that, moving to Texas would be beneficial for the employees, as they no longer have to pay state income tax, and the sales tax is probably less in Texas as well. Our property taxes, though, are high.

For example, I have a nothing special, cookie cutter house, under 2900 sq. feet, and I just wrote a check to the tax collector for almost $ 6,000. People who actually have nice houses pay a lot more than that. Taxes on our shop are outrageously high as well.

Even though they won't be paying any tax here, I still welcome the NRA here, and maybe if they get rid of the well dressed Wayne LaPierre and a bunch of the other high cost administrative dead weight, and get back to basics, the core mission, they'll rebuild the trust they have lost with Americans.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: