View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 3:35pm   #19
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,453 Times in 10,612 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

This thread is an amusing attempt for Yadkin to toot his elitist horn. And of course he is wrong.

An architect or engineer is just another vendor as far as the contractor and owner is concerned. They provide a service or product that is part of the project. So does the plumber and carpenter and so does the lumber yard. And they have no authority over anyone or the construction project or site.

The building official is a necessary evil and a complete nobody in the big picture of any project.

The assertion that one particular party is "over" the other or the rest is pure arrogance.
Fact is, a very good and successful project consists of a team. I have been part of many and have built many. And not one did we tolerate that level of elitism.

While no single vendor or tradesman or supplier or entity is "over" another...
No one on the project has a larger responsibility than the GC. He reports directly to the owner and he is at the helm...so in that regard, he does have the ultimate authority.
He is the party responsible to deliver the project on budget and on time per the agreed upon specifications.

The buck literally stops on his desk. He gets few accolades. When things go wrong it's his responsibility to make it right. When things go right it's almost always someone else who get the praise.

[Of course I know this thread was bait, and I took a bite. I had a light lunch so what the hell ]
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote