Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 11,566 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post

Sorry...but I'm damn tired of seeing inflated prices at the pump and then reading about record profits by the big oil companies. I have zero sympathy. I've seen a $.15 per gallon drop around here and I couldn't be happier.

And yes...I know all about the "cost of gas" and "cost of exploration" and all that crap that's tied into profit...but you know what? I don't give a shit. Let's see $1.50 per gallon...I want to feel like I'm 35 again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Interest rates are low, and will remain low, because the largest borrower in the US, the US government, can barely make the interest payments on the national debt with interest rates around zero. If the Fed allowed interest rates to rise to say, 10%......well, Uncle Sam would officially have to throw in the towel, quantitative easing (printing money) or not.
Gas station operators make between 7-12 cents/gallon on gas....barely pays the overhead, they need to sell shit in the store to survive....
Gas companies make about the same......by time all the BS is over with....

IMO, WE prohibit ALL oil imports or exports, tell the islamics to go to HELL....we good for some 200 years on oil alone.....

by then we have another source of energy, ......

edit, Yeh IC, I love to be 35 again.....
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote