Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 12.2%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,204 Times in 4,373 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
The part that gets overlooked is that he was what was needed and that is why he got elected. We spent DECADES *****-footing around in a flowery field of foreign policy. The problem was a NAIL and we needed a HAMMER. He was that hammer. Just like the attack dog that you buy for protection, you can't be too pissed when he won't catch a frisbee. That's not why you got him. Again, capable vs presentable.
His policies were needed for more than 4 years, and his behavior made that impossible He basically lost not only the presidency, but he caused the entire legislative branch to go the other way.

I liked Vator's response and sadly I'm afraid of the fact that it may be where we're at.

Are we now at a point where the the whole equation is that the far left are competing against the far right? If that's the case, I predict that it's much easier to add folks on the left given that's where the freebies are. I think that there's a tipping point at some level where the rational people actually start to coalesce against the edges of the spectrum and give the ~75% their say.
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote