Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raazor View Post
Please don't! If you listened to his wisdom 9 years ago you'd be ****ed.

Best to not take advice regarding your money from people on an intrawebz forum. Talk to a "guy".

1.5 billion Earthlings will enter the middle class over the next 10 years spending money they should save and that will drive the Global Economy upward.

Regardless, nobody is dumb enough to have everything in public equities and those dividends sure are nice so just leave it unless you're needing that money in 5 years
Totally not true. You just would have made less than you would have that year.
Just because I was cautious and like to sleep at night, not making the 6% that I would have otherwise made, was ok in my world. Well not really, it sucked, but I digress.
I have called bottoms and tops many times and was really close, so it works in my world. I've made 30% in years and 5% in years. My 5 year average as of today is 13%. Works for me.
Timing the market is not easy. Like I said, I would have been up 51% instead of 26% if I would have just let it alone this year, so far.. I'm not perfect, as no one is.
I don't give investment advice to anyone, so take what I say with a grain of salt if you want. No skin off my teeth.
Like DAB said...
Bulls Make money
Bears Make Money
Pigs get slaughtered.

Truer words have never been spoken. I like to sleep at night.
I do better than any investment advisor would with my money.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote