Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I read this kind of shit constantly, and can't help asking myself: "What the **** are these morons invested in, and who the **** told them to invest this way?"

As of the close today, my 401K is up 35.5% this year, and I have literally not made a single trade in it ALL YEAR. I read all the time about folks saying "COVID killed my 401K" and shit like that, and I can't fathom WTF these folks are doing with their retirement savings! Your 401K is supposed to be your "nest egg", that will prevent you from needing to eat cat food when you stop working. Why the **** would you invest it in "risky funds"?

For the record: the above are basically rhetorical questions.
I just call the option that I chose in my 401k, "risky". It is not necessarily risky per se'. I don't actually think that there is a truly risky option in a Principle 401k suite, just poor choices.
Mick, a while back, you mentioned in another thread something about your investing prowess. I'd be very interested to hear what it is that you are into to earn 35% ytd.
For the record, I would have been up 51% ytd in the Vanguard fund that I'm in, if I would have left the money alone and was not spooked out.
Timing the market lost me 25% , but at my age, I figure that I'm better safe than sorry.

Price - YTD - Last Complete Mo. - Last 3 mo. -1yr. - 3yr. - 5yr. - 10yr. - Since inception
Click image for larger version

Name:	401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	49548
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote