Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.0%

Thanked 7,041 Times in 3,109 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Is anyone bailing ?

As of today's close, I'm 90% cash - 10% risky funds in my 401k, which is up 25% ytd, as of this morning.
I suspect it'll be up ~26% at tonight's settlement.
I'll take it !
I sold all of my stocks except for JFrog, which I will sell on Monday for $72.00 hopefully.
Then I'll wait for a little correction.
The Fed and monetary policy is allowing for stretched valuations, ergo records for the S&P and NASDAQ today.
How long can it last ?
The brokerages have to book their profits for the year soon, the unemployment numbers are going up again, and that nuke scientist was whacked in Iran today, so I'm packing it in for a bit.
What are you thinking kids ?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/video/...154200122.html

Laugh all you want about the news source, but Muhammed El-Erain is one smart cookie.
I read this kind of shit constantly, and can't help asking myself: "What the **** are these morons invested in, and who the **** told them to invest this way?"

As of the close today, my 401K is up 35.5% this year, and I have literally not made a single trade in it ALL YEAR. I read all the time about folks saying "COVID killed my 401K" and shit like that, and I can't fathom WTF these folks are doing with their retirement savings! Your 401K is supposed to be your "nest egg", that will prevent you from needing to eat cat food when you stop working. Why the **** would you invest it in "risky funds"?

For the record: the above are basically rhetorical questions.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post: