Old 02-23-2021, 11:27am   #18
BayouCountry
Barn Stall Owner #105
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 1,370 Times in 594 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
No insult meant. Medical devices are generally not setup to require domain authentication because too many of them are sold to small clinics where the whole network may only be a switch. Granted more and more have some 3rd party IT admin now, but that usually just means a couple of extra switches, a DHCP server, & a firewall. Also, there are so many in a larger facility that no one whats to take the time to do all the network setup. Usually just get it to talk to the PACS & to the remote support VPN. In many larger facilities the imaging systems are on a separate vlan that talks to a PACS system. The PACS is the only device out on the hospital network, so it's authenticated.
No insult taken. I worked in a hospital for 20 years networking medical devices. I installed the first Windows NT Server and setup the initial domain. They didn't even have email when I started. We wanted devices on the domain because of the Interfaces between systems.

I don't claim to be an expert. I handed over the network Admin to the young guys and concentrated on interfaces and databases when the hospital grew into a healthcare enterprise.

I found most problems to be the routing and security settings when we had issues. Yes, I worked with the PACS system, OB monitoring system, etc.
BayouCountry is offline   Reply With Quote