Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Mike, I know a couple of insurance brokers who can get you much better rates. PM if you're interested.
Thanks, but this one comes with full benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJohn View Post
Play time is over.
I know......... But it'll be good to get back in a routine. I've always said that I had no plans to officially retire, so returning to work was always in the back of my mind. I'm just very blessed to have called my own shots in terms of when I started back and with whom. I'll still be volunteering at the golf course on Saturdays so I keep my free golf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Take the seating dimensions from First Class and repeat them throughout the plane.
This won't be seating. It'll be complete interior/exterior mods. It bears mentioning that seat manufacturers do not decide how a seat is designed. Seat sizes and options are up to the customer. Word of advice: Try not to fly any of the Asian Airlines (e.g. ANA or JAL) unless you're super skinny or plan on flying in First Class. We would never try to sit in any of the seats because all of us fat ass Americans would actually get stuck. There were aircraft that actually had a seat pitch (distance from the front of one seat to the front of the next) of 39 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathen1955 View Post
I retired in May 2020 @65, and I doubt I'd go back to work. My company has contacted me and setup a contract if they wanted me to come back. They offered $70/hr., but I demanded $120/hr.
I'm assuming that Mike is not in his 60's yet?
I'm 60. And I know many guys who have retired on a Friday and come back to their exact same position on Monday. The difference is that they brought a shovel in with them to pick up all the money they company now paid them as a contractor. Why do you think I contracted for 25 years?
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post: