View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 11:38pm   #52
C4Fanatic
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1162

Bought an '87 Vert back in 2001.

Had a lot of fun in it, went a lot of places, put about 60,000mi on it. Blew the motor at the drag strip and put it on jack stands in the garage with intentions to build a new motor for it. But as with most things, lack of funds and time never let me get anywhere with that. Finally sold it as is last year to a guy that planned to rebuild it and put it back on the road.

Wifey and I decided we wanted to get back into the Vette scene this year and we started looking. I was about to pull the trigger on a C5 Z06, but things didn't work out. Actually a blessing in disguise as I found this over on that "other" Forum.

I have ALWAYS wanted a Grand Sport "bleeder", but the prices were just more than I could justify. But then I saw this and could not pass. I have the best of both worlds now, my absolute favorite Vette paint scheme and an LT5...Life Is Good!
And with a screen name like mine, I just can't see myself ever driving anything else, the 4th gens are in my blood. It's the generation of my youth, the car I dreamed of when I was old enough to drive. I'll keep this one until I can't fall in and out of it anymore.

Oh and as for mods. I've been able to talk to a couple of the previous owners and found that this car has been to The Vette Doctors and received what they called their RX475 package. A lot of porting and polishing of the intake, bigger throttle body, custom prom and tuning. The one dyno sheet I got from the previous owner shows it made 405hp on a pretty rich tune. Right now I just want to get it on a dyno and get it tuned, lean it out a little and see what it will do.
'91 ZR-1 #128

Last edited by C4Fanatic; 01-16-2011 at 10:46pm.
C4Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote