Barn Raising I,II,III
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,029 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1112489

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
Thanks for the heads up Liz...ill see if I can make it but Iam part of Vettes for Vets and we have are sanctioned event at Talladega Super Speedway on memorial weekend. It has been sold out with over 200-250 vettes for the last 2 years. Next year supposed to be even bigger. Iam actually quite surprised Vette Barn wanted this weekend to have this event. From what I heard lots of members of the other forum were complaining that memorial weekend was getting too difficult to plan for and that they wanted their event held at another time which was now confirmed to happen.

I will keep an eye out on this to see what the dates are, if there is something going on, on Sunday, ill probably take a ride up...as for Saturday ill be on Talladega doing 150 down the back stretch.
That is NOT why CF CI failed. That line can be repeated loudly all day and night, and it's still not anywhere near the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
I hear your point of view. Just curious but why were you not able to attend? Was it because to get that weekend off from the family would be too difficult? That seems to be one of the biggest problems for having an event on Memorial Weekend. I can fully understand and appreciate it too. As far as the CF goes....there are many different versions for what happened and I have heard them all. I don't disagree as I too liked the freedom the CF once offered and that the Vette Barn has brought back to the corvette community. I am an active member of many corvette forum's. It is really a shame that the peoples governing a few of them can't look though the BS, $$$, and the politics of big business to keep both it's members and vendors happy. I won't get into the political aspect of the forums or how they are run. I only care about the Corvette lifestyle and the friends I have made over the years from these forums. To me in the end that is all that matters. My only comment was emphasizing on the date...I too spoke to people from various corvette organizations including the NCM, CF, Vettes for Vets, LSFest/Holley, FunFest, CAC and a few other smaller places. It is tough when more then one big venue or family gathering is scheduled for the this weekend. I think the NCM began to take noticed of this over the last few years. I am not suggesting this is the only reason that the CF Cruise In was moved from the date, cause it was not...but this was a contributing factor. I thoroughly encourage the Vette Barn and hope the weekend is awesome for you guys. Like I mentioned...I will try to make it for at least a day to see some old friends and some new ones.
(1) versions? Alot of people who attended CI year after year are no longer even on CF. There's a version for ya!

(2) the date is the reason? Come on, sir...the date didn't kill it when it was a good, solid event! It's funny the date is such a big part of the blame now!

(3) The CF CI was not "moved from the date." That date at the NCM is no longer available to them.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote