View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 6:12pm   #1
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 9,000 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333
Default Dig this. Crazy enough to work?

I got a call a couple weeks ago from an assisted living joint. They asked if I could produce a streaming video music show for cooped up residents. Of course I can. Where it gets interesting is that they have seven locations.

Each location would pay a few hundred a month. Under the heading of “memory care”. It seems that hearing music from your youth heals the mind and improves memory. We play 30’s, 40’s, early 50’s music.

I came up with the idea to feature a few residents on each program by telling their story. I think we can get $2,500 for an hour of music if all seven locations chip in.

But here is where it gets interesting. There are about ten thousand assisted living places in Texas alone. Many have dozens of locations under one holding company. What if 20 locations paid $400 each for a monthly program?

That’s $8k for a one hour show. Cost is about $2k-$3k. Then what if you had 10 clients?

Theoretically you could gross $40k-$80k a month doing about ten hours of music. Even half that would be awesome.

The residents are really hurting from isolation. This could do a lot of good for people. Including me.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: