Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
When your ISP decides to throttle services you currently use because they compete with their own service perhaps you'll change your tone. It's not like it hasn't happened in the years between 2005 and 2015 more than a few times...
Except Title II didn't do squat to stop that from happening unless you can find it in a 1934 law somewhere, and it's way down on my list of give-a-craps when out-and-out censorship is happening all over with the NN supporting biggies, and the totally insane regulatory hammer Title II imposed stifling infrastructure build-out and making ISP's into "broadcasters" who can lose their license if they don't block traffic the .gov wants them to block.

The secret to an open and fast internet isn't massive government oversight. It's allowing maximum innovation and investment with a light regulartory touch. Why people on the left want to give the government more and more control over everything is beyond me and frankly it's killing our country. Want to pay for my ObamaCare?

The reason I even brought up tiered service plans is because I heard all the time from NN supporters that NN was/is going to make that not a thing. Couldn't be further from the truth and nothing is more "goal-post" moving that trying to have a civil factual debate about the internet with a person who thinks massive government oversight is dandy. They'll also tell you why it's great ICANN was handed over to the UN in 2016.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post: