Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

I've been following this thread since it was started, wanted to see the many comments before chiming in.

My thoughts...

1. I think for 2014, it needs to remain in Bowling Green, especially if Motorsports Park will be (partially) open. That right there is something new, and will be of interest to many.

2. IF we shifted it to another weekend, we'd need to know if it should be earlier or later? I'd vote for earlier in May...I personally like Memorial day because it's a 3 day weekend...But I can also understand the reasons against it. No one will ever know if it's for better or worse unless we do move it. BR1 in Texas was held the weekend before, and it worked out just fine.

3. Piggybacking to another larger event, such as the C5/C6 bash IMO not a good idea, as hotel availability, and the ability to congregate becomes considerably more difficult. Though we did do that for BR1 and the LSCC without any such problems, the Weatherford hotel was not really near that event, and was chosen based on proximity to IC's home and not TMS.
Roscoe always did a hotel BBQ gathering during Mid America's Funfest, one of (if not the) largest Vette gathering there was...But all he ever managed to draw was a handful of forum people. This is about what I envision if we tried to piggyback a major event. The fact remains our event is primarily a social gathering, the Vette stuff is secondary.

4. No reason at all we can't still do something out west, perhaps later this year even. Given the many people unable to attend BRIII, this may draw more interest than usual...I know I'd be up for a trip to Vegas, or maybe SoCal...I personally would love to coincide it with SEMA, but the problem there is getting people admission, as it's not open to the public.

5. Whatever we do, we need to figure it out sooner rather than later. I used to register for CI's in January...BRIII registration didn't open until May, less than a 2 week opportunity to sign up. Not saying that to place blame, and yes I know I was no help at all this year, point the finger at me too.
We knew the when and where early enough to book the hotel, so really the NCM is the main one hurt by late registration, but still it seemed a lot of folks were wondering if there would even be an event this year in the weeks leading up to it.

That's about all I can think of right now, but please keep the suggestions coming.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post: