View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 9:30am   #5
TR6speed
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1311

As much as I wanted a change and to have Romney as the president, I truly did not believe it would happen. I was told that it would be a landslide victory for Mitt, but I did not see it that way.
If you look at how the people and the break down of the voters.
I wish I remembered the actual numbers and groups for Romney, but Obama had 93% of the black vote 71% Latino, 61% single mothers and 30% young voters.
Romney strong voters were white, married with children, 65 and older. So it just shows the this country has gone to the I want it for free, it is the governments job to take care of me and I want it now and I don't care what it cost, I will simply charge it and try and pay later.
If the republican party does not wake up and start looking a social issues and court the Latino and women they will be a dieing party. They always talk about swing states. Look at Texas, it has always been a Red state, but I predict that by 2016 with the strong Latino population it will be a swing state.
I am not saying that the republican party needs to adopt a platform that is mirrors the Dem's, but then need to look at social issues a little more closely.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote