Old 09-08-2020, 9:18pm   #47
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 9,002 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJohn View Post
Call the dr office 2-3 times a day and politely ask if there have been any cancellations.
Good idea. The doctor actually called me personally. He was apologetic and knows I’m hurting. But he said it would be rare to get kidney damage. Of course he said the surgery was a one and done deal. I really don’t believe any doctors anymore.

This has truly been a living hell. One surgery turned into four to fix mistake after mistake.

First surgery - emergency resection
Second - the incision caused a hernia
During the hernia repair, a nurse bludgeoned me with a cath - had cath for 2 weeks
Third - Then a urologist did a ballon expansion that only lasted three months - had cath for 2 weeks
Fourth surgery - Next a complete reconstruction - cath for 30 days
This is number five. Cath for 4 days

During this time I’ve had three procedures akin to a colonoscopy to expand my small intestine. Two enteroscopies, 2 CAT scans, three MRI’S, plus two ER trips, 18 chemo treatments, 52 IV fluid sessions, 12 iron infusions 125ish injections and too many labs to count.

I’ve never shared this with anyone. I just hide it.

And to think, I never had surgery before all this. WTF. This is seriously getting tiring.

To add insult to injury, my wife can’t accompany me because COVID. funny, I never thought it was needed to have her there. Now I could use the support.

I’m sorry to bitch. I know many have it worse. I’m getting to my wits end. There must be an end to this somehow but none in sight right now.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote