Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 6,916 Times in 2,619 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980
Default A rant

Last October my sister decided Mom would be well served to have one of those MedicAlert fall detection necklaces. Since I had already tried once and failed to get her to wear one I said it wouldn't work. She insisted and I wound up ordering one, and Mom refused to wear it. (I am not allowed to be right around here.)

Well Mom passed in August, and I had long since forgotten about the thing. The charge just showed up on my credit card for the subscription. I call to cancel and am on hold for 30 minutes waiting to talk to a human, as they will not allow you to do it through the phone. Once I got a person on the phone, they said they had to transfer me to the "Retention Department" for further instructions. After 10 minutes I got mad and decided to see if I could do it online (probably should have tried that first.) In the FAQ there is an Email address that you are supposed to direct inquiries of this sort to. I hung up and Emailed.

Two minutes later I get an undeliverable Email message:

Quote:
Your message to Retention@####lalert.com couldn't be delivered.

The group Retention only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list.
Probably just going to tell AmEx it is no longer a valid charge, at least that way MA is motivated to actually be helpful.
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post: