Old 07-01-2020, 6:21pm   #36
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 16.5%

Thanked 14,248 Times in 4,360 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Treating patients is just a teeny tiny bit different than, for example, shopping. But you already knew that.

In a bad flu season 100,000 people or more die from flu, but we don’t wear masks. Why not? Do those deaths not matter?
Actually, during flu season I do wear a mask, as do the highest risk patients (cancer patients etc). Flu is not as contagious or deadly as COVID, but we have been through those facts. Also no immunization and NO known treatment. I can give my patients antivirals to fight influenza.

Here's the rub. We can keep bitching and moaning about mask wearing and "freedoms being taken away" and we will get some of our communities shut down again because too many people cannot be trusted to be responsible about social distancing.

So I, without hesitation, say, wear the fuggin' mask so we ALL can get some sense of normalcy back into our lives. Now, if your county has virtually no cases, fine, let your local government asses and make adjustments. Here in Oklahoma, too many backwoods hillbillies that think, oh it won't affect me, I ain't wearin' no mask!"

The same people complaining about mask are probably the same that will refuse the vaccine.

Local man that thought this virus was a joke, took minimal precautions. He got COVID, but he pulled through, his wife did not. He will have to "Live" with that the rest of his life.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: