Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 12,540 Times in 5,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierbelly View Post
I'm not proposing anything except that some options should be looked at and not dismissed out of hand as a matter of course. What happened Friday was reprehensible and I think everyone can agree to that. IF there is something that might help prevent it happening again, it should be explored. Obviously, the right wing is the side which has the most experience with guns, and the only place from which a reasonably/politcally acceptable proposal of curbing gun violence might arise. Anything coming from the left is routinely dismissed as "trying to take our guns away". Is there any acceptable middle ground?
CT has some of the Toughest gun laws in the country. The shooter was refused a gun legally so he stole his mothers, Which were not kept locked up by law, and went on his rampage.

Also where Guns are almost completely outlawed violence is a daily occurrence. More people are killed every two week in Chicago than were kill in CT. Yet

Lastly Look at the state that have relaxed Gun Laws VS those with tough laws. Most of the relaxed states have Low crime rates.

It's not the GUN laws that are the problem. It's the people. You can never prevent a nut case like the CT shooter from killing. He will use a gun, Knife or poison if he really wants to kill.

What you can prevent is the weak from being victimized by the Evil Among us by allowing them to arm and defend themselves.

What I find laughable is that the Left is decrying these and other murders but since 1995 they have known that the single biggest contributor to crime was single mother households yet they have done NOTHING to try and curb it's growth rate.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote