Old 05-15-2019, 5:13pm   #21
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn Babe View Post
Similar experience here earlier this month. Without an appointment. I can attest that the CA DMV is a NIGHTMARE!!!
The problem is, you can do all the routine DMV stuff online, so many of the people doing something at the DMV in person have some sort of complication. With no tickets, I have renewed my driver's license by mail/online for years. Also registrations, etc. I think the only time I've gone to the DMV in person was to get handicapped plates for the wife's car and to update the photo on my license, which I described above. And that was not necessary, it was my choice.

The big city DMV offices are really crowded, though. Not too bad in the small town I live in. In 2001 I had to go to a DMV in a big city to get a Vehicle Sales License, and that was an all day project. This was back in the days before appointments, I believe. I also had to go get fingerprinted at another location then go back to the DMV. The fingerprinting thing was new then for Vehicle Sales and no one at the dealership knew about it.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote