Old 05-30-2023, 7:36am   #10
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 60.4%

Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,189 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Detroit View Post
It would be nice if someone from the other place could entice Dave Concrete to come over here. He knows everything ce-ment.

Lars covered it it all.

Most residential is a 2000-2500 mix. Most govt/city jobs like sidewalks & curbs are 3000-4000mix

One thing I did not see brought up here is the contractors crew that shows up can really **** up the mix by adding too much water at the site. Then try to pass off on you that it's fine because they are the experts.

Average slump is 4 inches but many crews like to soup it up with a shitload of water to make it easier on them to work with resulting in a loss of structural integrity for what you paid for.

Crews can really get cute during govt jobs. After the testor checks it out, they wait until he packs up and leaves before adding all the water.

There are recipes the redi mix company can put together to avoid adding water or things like Lars brought up such as adding fiber if you want instead of rebar. Driveways really don't use it. Adding too much water to the load is bad, M-kay?

I worked with a concrete company for several years. My job was to make sure the drivers showed up at a site with the proper load and not mess it up so that people like Yaddy would not reject it.

Once the crews got a hold of it and make adjustments, they bought it.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slewfoot For This Useful Post: