10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,472 Times in 17,255 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Can I make a serious suggestion ? Buy an RV (used.) Buy land. Build house. Sell RV.

It seems you are at the whims of the local market that is lacking houses you want. The people that bought my last RV were doing exactly what I just said.
That would be great for a single person, but I think Will already has a couple of kids. That's a tight fit for a 5th wheel or RV, for any extended period of time.

We bought a bumper pull ex FEMA trailer for one of our guys to live in when he was having marital problems, and he lived in it for close to a year, until his situation resolved. We lucked out and sold it for about what we bought it for, so the idea is good, I just don't know how it would go with that many people. Plus, they would have to rent a considerable amount of under-air warehouse space to store their stuff, although I guess if they had raw property they could buy a 40' shipping container or two for that. Still, they would have to at least have the containers cut so a window a/c could be installed so their stuff doesn't mildew.

I always thought it would be cool to live on a sailboat for a while, but the same problem with storing your stuff would come up, and I don't think that would be conducive to the safety of little ones.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote