View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 2:33pm   #1
wayner97
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $565
Default 1984 Corvette no fuel problem

Stored car for the Winter and it was fine. Took it out and it wouldn't start...no fuel being injected, and it had 3/4 of a tank. Checked fuses...OK.....A friend came over and helped change the fuel pump. It turns out the other was fine, so it looked like a electrical problem. He started testing the assembly and touched the wrong wire when testing the sending unit and zapped it. Now the gauge reads full all the time...finally started pulling fuses again and had noticed the injector fuses looked a little oxidized...I took some emery cloth and cleaned them up and the car started....I drove it to my driveway, shut it off and later tried to start it and no fuel again. Went to the auto parts store on Tuesday and bought new 3 amp fuses and replaced them. Car was running again and I was checking tranny fluid because there was a leak during the Winter. While testing the car died......wouldn't start. I left the door open so the sun couild shine on fuse box but still wouldn't start....This morning the car started and I ran it for about 15 minutes then shut it off...I vacuumed it out and went to start it again...no fuel...all day long it just wouldn't start. This morning went out and it started up ok. Shut it off and won't start all day...No fuel being injected. Do you think the zapped sending unit may have something to do with this problem? Also, will a sending unit from a 1991 C4 work in my 84? Thanks for any help someone can give me.
wayner97 is offline   Reply With Quote