View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 9:13pm   #10
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 11,500 Times in 5,024 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Any way you look at it "Apocalypse Now" is far fetched, but makes for good entertainment. "We were soldiers" is probably damn close. Maybe some Vietnam Vets will chime in. "Hamburger Hill" if we are talking about the Clint Eastwood version is probably out there. "Platoon" might have been any unit out there, but is still purely Hollywood. Any way you look at it, war is straight up hell. Obviously there are those who like it and thrive on it, but even in the all volunteer forces, there are people who come back physically and mentally messed up. I serve and have been to the middle east several times, but not where I'm getting shot at and have to worry about IED's. Not that anything isn't possible over there, but not something I really had to worry about. Props to my buddy BoracayJohnny as he has been in the thick of it plenty of times. So, happy Memorial Day to him as he is over there as a contractor now. Now if I could talk him into moving to my hometown here in GA. Sorry for getting a little off topic....
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote