Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 7.6%

Thanked 33,028 Times in 14,166 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122
Default Take your trailer to the shop and pick it up when it's done?

Sure, I can do that.

Our neighbor is in the process of packing up and moving, their last day is this coming friday. they sold their house and are moving to Scottsdale, AZ. sold their place in 18 days for full asking. when we bought our house 10 years ago, it had been on the market for over a year, so normally, homes don't move that fast around here, but lately, they've been selling quickly.

anyway, Dave has a flatbed trailer that needed to have the wheel bearings looked at by the local RV shop, but he was out of town working last week, so I agreed that i'd take his trailer over to the shop, get it checked in, and when they got done, go pick it up. dropped off first thing Tuesday, and by late Wed, they had it done. picked it up, parked it at our place, and he came by on Friday to take it home.

At first, he asked if he could give me any gas money....nah, Dave, it's just a few gallons, don't worry about it. thought that matter was settled.

So today, i look down towards the gate area, and it appeared that there was a box down there, but we weren't expecting anything, so I figured i'd check it later.

Then Dave sends me a text "hey, there's a box by your gate", so I wander down and see what it is. It's a box from Omaha Steaks, from Dave. I thought we had settled this matter last week....

bring it back to the house, open it up, and it's some yummy munchies we'll enjoy over the next few weeks.

It's nice to have good neighbors, it's even nicer when they are overly generous.

DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post: