Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,567 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
What a maroon. He's like the limp wristed billionaire. How? Ohhhh, it was a political hookup involving that ole drunk Pelosi. Amazing how that works. She's also worth north of $100M yet on a $174k public salary. She must be an investment genius, right?
Spent 53 years in the Wash DC region, when I was about 13 y/o, Dad came home really rocket pissed on night, he went to the back fridge and took TWO shots of whiskey not just the usual one, and he started in with Mom, not arguing just loudly pissed off about some Senator on the hill demanding a kickback on a bid he had in for group insurance for Dept. of Interior....Dad's specialty in the trade was group underwriting/sales.....he would put together a plan and then open bids to various insurance companies, and of course get it approved by whatever group it was, like the DC Bar Assn....the Metro Home Builders, Food service providers, DC Teachers assn.,
So upon finding out the crooks on the hill demanded kickbacks on much of any contract with the Feds, he quit bidding on any direct .gov work....

He wasn't going to jail over some scam politician's demands, IF/WHEN his political opponents went public over some issue....

I tried selling insurance for his agency for a couple years there in the late 60's but was no damn good at it, so I went back into electronics, being a geek and all.....

mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post: