snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784
Default Recruiters

I appreciate being contacted by recruiters when they have a role for which my skillset is a match.

In the past few months, I've been getting more calls from recruiters who seem to be matching by keyword. And when I talk to these folks on the phone, it is very clear that they do not have a firm grasp of the English language, and that they are following a script. Anytime I ask a question, they defer it because they don't know how to answer it.

What is also fun, is that they seem to not understand exactly what the requirements are, thus the keyword matching.

Just today I was contacted by a recruiter for a gig in MA. The project is for a Workday consultant. I don't know this product, and as an independent contractor, am unlikely to land a role using/learning this product. Workday is an HR management solution, and while I do have 20+ years of experience with Oracle HCM solutions, and Workday was developed by ex-Oracle employees, I don't know Workday. But this recruiter is going to submit me anyway, and I would be very surprised if I get an interview with the end client.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote