SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 9,000 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Qusetions about your sonic settings aren't criticisms, just curiosity on your settings.
I find that half the fun of figuring out someone else's song is nailing the sonics.
I'd challenge anyone who criticizes your music to bring it on and throw one down to see how their song is.
That being said, criticizing ones art just comes with the territory. You gotta have thick skin because what's good for one person, may be the opposite for another.
Kinda like politics.
Exactly. You learn this early in Art School. If you don’t, you will never survive it. Particularly for commercial art. Until you learn to separate yourself from your art, the corporate world Will earth your ducking lunch. I’ve fired a hell of a lot of prima Donna artists that took things personally.

That’s why I’m absolutely bullet proof. I literally feel nothing if someone criticizes my work (visual, audio, film, design, whatever). Although it’s entertaining when some douch hole is criticizing when they can’t even stand on the same stage with you.

I’ve performed with seven different Grammy winners. (There I said it.) Said douche hole known as MagRedCorvette doesn’t qualify to even suck my dick.

Try working at that level. Talk about harsh assholes. Even the roadies are dicks. and some of them can play their asses off. I had a guitar tech that smoked my ass when I was with James Cotton.

I used to teach Graphic Design and Advanced Photography at the University of Wisconsin. The Dean told me my greatest strength was my (his words) “search and destroy” critiques. I spared no feelings because I ran an ad agency and Fortune 100 clients would chew us up and spit us out daily. I wanted to prepare those students for the real world. Most thought I was the biggest asshole that lived. A few “got it”. I usually hired them.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote