Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
Nobody yet. But I don’t mind criticizing. What gets old is people just looking for problems. Then doing it on every post one makes. I’ve been in the music business 40 years. I’ve been slammed every which way but loose. Hell I’ve had shot glasses thrown at me. my Les Paul bears the scars.

My producer is like Simon friggin Cowell. It truly doesn’t bother me. He makes me better. One doesn’t produce an album like my last one without being pushed and with honest criticism.

But I have to wonder about the moral character of someone who would be so derogatory. Even if I was terrible, it’s not something you should say about someone’s passion and art.

I did consider challenging said douche to an online head cutting contest. But I’m not competitive. (Any more. We used to have weekly head cutting sessions in Milwaukee. Absolutely brutal and in front of a live audience. You got judged by applause after the duel. Anyone could walk off the street and challenge the week’s king. So much pointless fun. I got smoked a few times by a guitarist nobody had heard of. Some kid named Kenny Wayne Sheperd.

Qusetions about your sonic settings aren't criticisms, just curiosity on your settings.
I find that half the fun of figuring out someone else's song is nailing the sonics.
I'd challenge anyone who criticizes your music to bring it on and throw one down to see how their song is.
That being said, criticizing ones art just comes with the territory. You gotta have thick skin because what's good for one person, may be the opposite for another.
Kinda like politics.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote