View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:58pm   #8
FRC Joe
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $882

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TZSLO View Post
I have read around CF for the last few days and there are many companies and types of S/C that all people support.

Since I am new here, I would like some of VB opinions on what you all think are the better Kits/Systems.

A&A Kits now come with which ever head unit you pick. INcluding the V3 self contained head unit. Around $5500 with the V3

ECS Kits are Paxton- $6000

Procharger is Self contained but I think the most expensive out of the bunch from what I can find online. Around $6500

Just trying to find the best bang for the buck on a kit.

What are some of ya'll using?
As far as centrifugals go, only the A&A and ECS kits are worth considering IMHO. The kit directly from Procharger is a shameless copy of the ECS and A&A style bracketry and belt routing, yet more expensive. The kit directly from Vortech uses a less efficient air-to-water cooler, and has a fairly tortured hose routing and blower inlet piping.

I have an A&A T-Trim kit with the older style intercooler, and I'm very satisfied with it. The intall was easy, and the kit features high quality parts and design. I think I'd be equally satisfied with the ECS if I had gone that route. The Novi 2000 that comes with the ECS kit will support a ton of power. You would have to go with the Vortech YSi from A&A to match the Novi's ultimate power potential. But with your power goals a Vortech S-Trim would be more than enough. For reference, I make 617 rwhp and 536 rwtg at 6200 RPM and 10psi of boost.

WRT maggies, TVSs and Kenne Bells, those kits can make a ton of power. But in my opinion the huge torque at low RPMs is unsuited to the C5 chassis and available traction.

I think I'm going to transplant my old blower install thread to this forum so we can start building up a database of install threads.