View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 7:10pm   #42
five-oh
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,028 Times in 386 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $429031

Lesson learned.....alignments that are perfect for a weekend autocross apparently are not perfect for someone who drives as much as I do.
My car had a lot of camber, I believe...appeared to be set up that way for autocross. I don't know, since I have never autocrossed, but the P.O. had said that it was set up for that specific purpose..
I replaced the rear tires, and figured I'd replace the fronts soon since they were getting thin. Sure enough, I notice they are wearing bad on the inside. Ordered new tires, and headed off to my friendly local alignment shop. Surprise #1- they have filled in the pit that they've used for years and have replaced it with a new lift. And, since my car is low, there's no way for them to get it on the rack.
No problem, I'll find someone else. Nope. Not in 50 miles....until today. I finally found an old school guy who still has the pit. Unfortunately it'll be nearly 3 weeks before he can do it, because he's that booked up. Oh well. In 3 weeks I'll put less than 1000 miles on it, so it shouldn't jack my tires up too bad. As much as I love it, I kinda wish the P.O. had left the ride height stock...
On the bright side, the wife didn't squeal too loudly with anger when the new tires came off the UPS truck.
BTW, it pays to befriend/bad influence the UPS guy. Since he drooled over my '96 until he went and bought his own the other day, he has called with lots of C4 questions. In return for my friendship and knowledge- he calls when he has parts for me. Today's call went like this- " Hey, Bob, I got tires on the truck for ya. Do I need to meet you up town so the wife don't see 'em?" He's gonna be a great friend I'm thinking......
five-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to five-oh For This Useful Post: