View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 5:53pm   #1
ApexOversteer
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 7,684 Times in 3,615 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $975924
Default Did I Do Something Bad In A Previous Life? Buying House Comedy Of Errors Continues...

House #1... seller, the Veterans Administration, rescinded contract because they had no clear title to the property.

House #2... house represented as stick-built, turns out to be manufactured with aluminum wiring on inspection. Walked away.

House #3... Great house, great neighborhood, great location, paint some rooms and move in. Seller is a fmr Marine, evidence points to messy divorce in process, he's so tight on this deal he's squeaking. He's borrowing the closing costs from his father, just to sell the place. We're picking up half the closing costs under the table. Officially he's paying them all. We want this house. He can't move one inch on the price, he's at critical mass.

I've been moving my shit into a storage unit nearby the place, because this one has been done deal, inspection passed with flying colors, our financials have been ready for a year, it's all done but the heavy lifting... except...

The appraisal was this week and guess what the appraiser has to go and declare? Tidewater. He can't find comps to support the asking.

My agent is like "here's two, and two more, and two more." The listing agent is like "and here are a few more that I used when we priced it."

None of us can understand why we can all find these comps, but this guy can't...

So... Pvt Penis Pump has a problem. His house isn't worth what he's asking.

Hate. The. World.
ApexOversteer is offline   Reply With Quote