Old 10-15-2013, 4:01am   #41
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46272

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I hate saying this but in light of my office "pushing" breast cancer awareness, it seems if you have boobs you get better PR for your disease.

ALL, EVERY TYPE, of cancer sucks maggots through a shi# lined straw.

Breast, colon, throat, prostate, lung, they all are equal opportunity killers.

I lost an acquaintance, a good friend and neighbor, and my MIL to cancer and am watching my FIL deal with it too.

Stop working so hard on passing out pills like M&Ms to "supposed" ADD kids that are probably really just BAD, and focus on a real disease that KILLS.
Trying to not hijack the thread. But, I've read that diabetes kills more people than cancer does? How much do you hear about it though? I've always been a little skeptical about "foundations" or "organizations" that collect money. Maybe they have raised awareness for more women to get screened and checked out and saved lives by doing so. Some work real hard at collecting money and marketing efforts.

How much of the money goes to the marketing effort vs. real research?

Could a cure be lost just because of lack of communication? Think about all the data and research collected for so many years, but spread out across the world, computers, companies, etc...and not openly shared by all.
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote