Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 13,007 Times in 7,317 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908
Default Idea for handling Antifa/BLM rioters surrounding your vehicle [train horns]

Those extremely loud train horns that were popular a few years ago are apparently still being sold. Some of them are rated at 150 dB (the threshold of pain is 126 dB). I'm thinking most jurisdictions made them illegal a while back, as they were literally ear-piercingly loud.

However in this day and age, making the wrong turn down a street could turn deadly for any one of us. Sure, situational awareness is paramount, but it can still happen.

So when they start to surround my truck and begin beating/pounding on it... and maybe someone's heading in to slash my tires to prevent my easy escape... if I hit the 5 train-horn unit at 150 psi, it's so loud the first instinct would be for the protesters to stop hitting my car and put their fingers in their ears. This would make it extremely difficult for anyone to continue hitting my truck with instruments or their bare hands, and make it more difficult for anyone to damage/deflate my tires.

If I kept laying on the horn, the sheer pain would probably make some of them run away from my vehicle. If someone was trying to use a firearm to get a good sight pattern on me or my truck, I would think the unbearable and painful noise would interfere to a degree, especially if they weren't expecting it and were unprepared.

Sure, there would be likely permanent hearing damage on the part of many people, but that's better than them getting shot by me, or run over as I try to get away from them.

This isn't a sure thing but I bet for a few hundred dollars it could turn the odds I would escape more in my favor.

Your thoughts?
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sea Six For This Useful Post: