Old 09-02-2020, 3:47pm   #19
BlueC5Kitten
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.9%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Paging @BlueC5Kitten. Nikki to the white courtesy phone!
You rang, snide???

Seriously, though, SA is okay if you don't mind the heat, the humidity, the promise of rain that never appears (and then we get 3 hundred year floods in the span of two or three years), and Tex-Mex food and don't like to cook. I swear we have more restaurants per capita than most places! I like the no state income tax thing, and buying homes is quite affordable, depending upon from where you are relocating.

I am over the Alamo and downtown, in general, including the Riverwalk, but if you are into the party scene, there's almost always something going on in town, party-wise. There is a lot of history here, and in the surrounding areas, though...and the Hill Country drives can be quite fun! Speed limits in W. TX, and on the toll road up to North of Austin are 80mph, which I nice if you can get on those roads. This week, we've had heat indicies around 110-115°F, and muggy, especially in the mornings.

I've lived here since my dad retired from the Air Force in 1988. Bought my home in 1999...lived here and in my home longer than anywhere in my life. It is definitely home. San Antonio has more of a Texas-friendly vibe than most other big cities in Texas. I always call it the big city (we have about 2M people in the greater met area) with a small town mentality.

Feel free to bug me if you want to know more!
BlueC5Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueC5Kitten For This Useful Post: