View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 6:03pm   #27
Cobra4B
Charter Member
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8830

Here's my take on LGM....

1. C6 Z comes out w/ a 427... motor/market calls for 1 7/8ths primary header. LGM goes to great lenghts to try to convince people that they need their 1 3/4ths product because... A. The C6-R runs 1 3/4ths tube exhaust and B. 1 7/8ths headrs only make a smidge more power over 6000 rpms but at the expense of mid range torque. Both of these reasons were flawed and bullcrap.

2. American Racing and Kooks dominate C6 market.

3. LGM comes out w/ their super-pro headrs which magically are 1 7/8ths headers with mid-lenth prmaries... this is hillarious b/c for the first few years of the C6 being out they yapped on and on about how you only need 1 3/4ths primaries and that their super long primaries are way better.

4. Owners of American Racing post up on Z06vette.com etc. and show that the LGM super-pro headers are blatant copies of their product... with pics... it's not hard to see.

5. AR also shows that the header flanges aren't stainless (amazing what a magnet will show you) and more importantly that they're produced in China... so at the end of the day LG looks to have coppied AR and had their design made in freakin' China!

Kind of like how LG came out with their "world challege" wheels which are a direct rip-off of CCW 505As...

I used to like LG and have one of their cams in my yellow car, but of late they've really strayed from what made them a quality company and are working hard to make their products cheaper and maintain the same retail prices... My $0.02
2001 Quicksilver Z06 - NASA PTA/TTA/ST2 #4
www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com
April 7th, 2012 7:30am-9:30am @ La Promenade
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote