Activity: 67.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post

Paint & chrome & wheels = 10K
Interior and misc =10K
Engine & engine bay & suspension/brakes/exhaust etc = 10K
Contingency =5K
You can get chinese rear bumpers for very little..
Rechroming on front bumper should be under $1k
Unless dash is cracked, it can be refurbished.
Carpet can be found pretty inexpensive. I usually get 80 - 82 type seats for cheap on ebay and get the foam recovered with vinyl covers.
If gauges are broken, I'd go with autometer gauges. I can make them fit.. They also look great.. Had Autometer Phantom gauges in my race C3 and they looked awesome. If the car is not matching numbers, no reason not to go slightly custom on the interior. I don't see spending more than $3k on the interior total and it would be very nice.
Chevy crate engines are fairly inexpensive and I could drop it in myself. Same goes for transmissions. Chevy parts aren't too expensive.
You can get C3 calipers for cheap at Advance Auto Parts. Not a big expense.
$1600 for stainless sidemount headers and side pipes.

Suspension can be fixed up for under $2k.. New fiberglass rear spring, front springs and shocks. Trailing arm rebuild.

My total if body is good:
$4k paint
$1.5k chrome
$2k interior
$2k suspension
$200 brakes
$1600 exhaust (stainless sidepipes)
Engine and transmission are a questionmark because if the car is running and driving, it may be possible to clean up the engine and use the current engine and transmission. You can pick up a crate engine pretty cheap if you don't need 400+ Horsepower. Tons of TH350 and TH400 transmissions on Ebay.. Not a major expense unless you want to build your car for performance. For a driver, you don't need to spend $$$$ on engine and transmission.
GrandSportC3 is offline   Reply With Quote